Weight loss wraps are a quick and easy way to pack your meal with nutrition and bring it with you when you’re on the go. Maybe you’re headed out the door and want to bring your breakfast with you. It could be that you want to be sure you’ve got something tasty and filling for lunch so you can avoid the fast food temptation. It may also be that you’re just hungry and want something to eat.
When you choose the right weight loss wraps, you give yourself an advantage toward eating something flavorful, filled with nutrition, and friendly to your fat loss efforts. The key is in making the right choice with your ingredients.
What Goes in Great Weight Loss Wraps?
Weight loss wraps can be designed to fit virtually any fat loss strategy. Even low-carb and keto options exist if you substitute the tortilla for a lettuce leave or other low- or zero-carbohydrate alternative. Overall, though, it’s just a matter of making a meal that will have a reasonable calorie content, balanced macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins and fats), a great nutrient density and a delicious flavor.
Consider the following tips to help you create your favorite weight loss wraps:
- Choose whole grain wraps/tortillas instead of those made from white flour
- Use a lettuce leaf and leave the tortilla out altogether
- Be careful with sauces and condiments which can be high in fat and sugar
- Use a bit of mashed avocado instead of mayonnaise
- Fill the bulk of your wrap with vegetables, but don’t forget some protein and a bit of fat
- Sprouts make a delicious option for greens if you’re tired of lettuce and spinach
- Eggs make a spectacular protein choice, especially if you include the yolks
A Little Goes a Long Way
If you’re convinced that you need to drown your weight loss wraps in sauces to get a lot of flavor out of them, think again. Just because you’re used to getting flavor out of pre-mixed sauces from your grocery store aisles, it doesn’t mean that’s the right way to go. Consider whipping up a few of your own dressings, sauces and condiments to improve the nutrition you’ll get from your meal.
Olive oil with garlic and balsamic vinegar is simple, quick and delicious. Combining ginger and garlic in olive oil is delightful and adds a surprising zing. Green onion and a squeeze of lemon juice can make your ingredients taste much brighter and fuller. Just a tiny bit of any of these ingredients can completely transform your weight loss wraps.