Intechra Health Logo Innovative Health Solutions For Weight Management Support

Can Peanut Butter Help You Lose Weight?

by | Mar 15, 2016 | Nutrition | 0 comments

As a very high calorie and high fat spread, it’s difficult to think that peanut butter could contribute in the effort to lose weight, but if you believe what two of the latest studies have to say, then this lunchtime favorite could actually help to drop the pounds more easily. After all, for every serving, peanut butter contains a whopping 16 grams of fat and 190 calories. Until now, this sandwich spread has typically been considered a detriment to a diet, as it rapidly spikes a dieter’s daily calorie intake.

However, what the studies have determined is that people can indeed lose weight by adding this ingredient as a center point to their meals. Why?

Because it’s tasty! People love the flavor and it is highly satisfying. When compared to other types of diet – such as low-fat, high carb strategies – eating peanut butter as a central part of a meal can help someone to actually decrease the amount he or she is eating.

As is often the result of news such as this, the results of the study have led to a new book that uses the ingredient to help people to lose weight. Entitled “The Peanut Butter Diet”, this dieting strategy was designed based on the two studies that showed that the spread could be weight loss friendly. One of the studies was conducted by researchers from Penn State, while the other was held by a team from Harvard.

The research, itself, wasn’t specifically on the consumption of peanut butter. Instead, that ingredient was one of several that fit the description of being high in monounsaturated fats. The study looked into the impact of this sort of food on weight loss and heart disease prevention.

It is important to point out that even though peanut butter can contribute to fat loss, this doesn’t mean that it should be consumed in excess. In fact, the researchers found that overindulging did cause weight gain. Instead, the concept behind the use of this ingredient is a strategic one. It must be combined with healthful, nutritious dieting and regular exercise.

The true discovery of the studies was that people love it. It tastes great and satisfies hunger. In that sense, a little bit goes a long way. They showed that eating food that is highly enjoyable lets people like what they’re eating and therefore feel content with smaller amounts. On the other hand, low-fat diets that are rich in carbohydrates are not nearly as tasty and satisfying, causing dieters to feel the need to eat more.

Dieters that ate food containing healthful monounsaturated fats, to the point that their calories made up 35 percent of the daily total (with 15 percent from protein and 50 percent from carbs) were able to lose weight notably faster than people eating low fat and high carbohydrates.

Related Articles

FENFAST 375 Super Sale Order 3 bottles & receive a FREE bottle of FENFAST 375
Reach your weight management goals with Intechra Health diet pills
Intechra Health Weight Loss Forum banner woman with onlne network Join the conversation